Thursday, January 14, 2010

Harley Davidson Three Wheel Motorcycles How Can I Test The Charging System On A Harley Davidson Sportster 883?

How can i test the charging system on a Harley Davidson sportster 883? - harley davidson three wheel motorcycles

What you should know why I found his death, a battery of only 8 months, three times in the developments, and I would be a test before doing a little to the dealers. when my friend had a stress test for the battery terminals and had left the engine (me) to recharge the battery, there is 15V to 18V. with the battery should be a reading of continuity through the terminal?
Thanks

5 comments:

hdqt95 said...

You know the old idea that if something does not work, why people still expect a different reaction, to do? Well, that's what we do.

The batteries are a symptom of something more than wrong.Check connections, but it sounds like the controller for me. I have some links that can help included.

bluff mike said...

Harley rider tells me that if you 16V when the engine is running show, is shot and the batteries, the controller is likely to boil.

I have the information in preparing the test of a Honda Magna. I was told that a 16-19V strain on the budget seemed to mind. I had experience with the Honda also.
Under the assumption that all systems are equal to 12 V, must load the 13V battery and the controller needs to 14.5 V.

Ellen said...

If you get 15 to 18V at the battery, the charging system is fine. Recipe search and return to the dealers and get a new battery. When no more charging possession, shot him. You can check the acid / water level to ensure in every cell and that each cell has covered all the bases.
Good luck!

MY OTHER RIDE HAS T!TS said...

As the safety of the plant will use? kill a battery very quickly. You can also use terminal connections loose, check that they are clean and safe. The dealer can test the battery with a portable device that provides a hard copy for security purposes

jrrysimm... said...

Ellen is right, runs the fine collection of system sounds, but you can have a short battery while the bike is parked.

Post a Comment